DALL•E 2 generation (April 2022)
Hello, visitor! 👋 My name is Luca Soldaini and I use they/them pronouns.
HatsI am currently wearing:
- Senior applied research scientist at the Allen Institute for AI on the Semantic Scholar team.
- Core organizer at Queer In AI, where I help with event planning, scholarship programs, and sponsors relations.
HatsI have worn in the past:
2018-2021:Applied scientist at Amazon Alexa working on question answering.
2013-2018:Computer science Ph.D. student in the Information Retrieval Lab at Georgetown University.
2009-2012:B.Eng. student in computer engineering at the University of Florence.
My current research is in the field of Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Information Retrieval (IR). In particular, I am interested in:
- Building effective and efficient information systems, for tasks such as information retrieval and question answering. Lately, I have been investigating scientific literature applications: How do academic researchers and practitioners look for information? How can we support them in processing literature more effectively?
- Cross-language information ranking and selection. Since the vast majority of online content is concentrated in few languages, how do we close the gap for those who do not speak them?
- Generative models for improving presentation of information. How can we use natural language generation to improve the output of information systems?
- Open source tools and data for NLP. I develop and maintain several tools and datasets that power my research and that I hope will be useful to others.
Please visit my research page for more details!